FINANCIAL AND ECONOMIC HEALTHCARE PROVISION: FOREIGN EXPERIENCE FOR UKRAINE
The article deals with the tendencies of health care reform in Ukraine related to solving the problems of financial and economic, resource support, diversification of sources of financing of the sphere at the present stage of transformations. A comparative analysis of health care financing of Ukraine and foreign countries is conducted. The peculiarities of foreign health care financing as an experience for Ukraine and the preconditions for the development and multiplication of human capital in Ukraine. The problem of financing health care system and its efficiency in conditions of limited resources, quality assurance of medical care as the basis of state policy of the industry is considered. The issue of financing health care plays an important role in the state policy of different countries. The health care always requires resource investments, because the quality of medical care and the health of the population depend on the provision of the medical industry with material, technical, labor and financial resources and their effective use. Therefore, the objective need is to develop a financial framework for reforming health care. This means that the problems of the resource supply of the healthcare sector are always relevant for the state, for the whole society and every citizen.
The article highlights the current state of development of the medical industry in Ukraine. The statistics characterizing the sphere of public health are given. The sources of financial support of the health care system of Ukraine are considered. The need for further reform of the health care system in Ukraine is substantiated. It is proved that the country needs transformation of the financial mechanism of the industry on the basis of financial support of the healthcare sector against the background of the general updating and clearing of the financial system.
2. Avramenko, N. V. (2010). Derzhavne upravlinnia systemoiu okhorony zdorovia na rehionalnomu rivni: suchasnyi stan, shliakhy vdoskonalennia [Public health management system at the regional level: current situation and ways of improving назва англійською мовою]. Zaporizhzhia: KPU [in Ukrainian].
3. WHO. Resolution WHA 58.33. Sustainable health financing, universal coverage and social health insurance In: Fiftyeighth World Health Assembly, Geneva, 16–25 May 2005 (WHA58/2005/REC/1). (2005). apps.who.int. Retrieved from http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s21475en/s21475en.pdf (viewed 30.05.2019) [in English].
4. Prohrama medychnyh harantiy: vprovadzhennia v Ukraini [Medical Guarantee Program: Implementation in Ukraine]. (n. d.). moz.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://moz.gov.ua (viewed 03.06.2019) [in Ukrainian].
5. Evropeiskiy portal informatsii zdravoohraneniia [European Health Information Portal]. (n. d.). data.euro.who.int.
Retrieved from http://data.euro.who.int/hfadb/shell_ru.html (viewed 03.06.2019) [in Russian].
6. Sazonets, I. L., & Zyma, I. Ya. (2018). Vyznachennia problem ta osnovnyh napriamiv reformuvannia systemy ohorony zdorovia Ukrainy. [Identification of problems and main directions of reform health care system of Ukraine]. Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok – Public Administration and Development. Vol. 18. www. dy.nayka.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=1343 (viewed 03.06.2019) [in Ukrainian].
7. Sydorchuk, T. G., Ruden, V. V., & Gutor, O. M. (2006). Dysproportsiia mizh biudzhetnym finansuvanniam medychnoi haluzi ta stanom zdorovia naselennia Ukrainy yak neobhidnist zaprovadzhennia ekonomichnyh metodiv upravlinnia u praktychnii ohoroni zdorovia [The disproportion between budgetary financing the healthcare industry and the state of health of Ukraine as the need to introduce economic management in practical public health]. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys – Ukrainian Medical Journal, 5, 11–16 [in Ukrainian].
8. Thomson, S., Foubister, T., & Mossialos, E. (2010). Finansirovanie zdravoohraneniia v Evropeiskom Soiuze. Problemy i strategicheskiie resheniia [Health financing in the European Union. Problems and strategic decisions]. Yevropeiskaia observatoriia po sistemam i politike zdravoohraneniia – European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies. Vol. 17. WHO, Kopenhagen [in Russian].
9. Kutzin, J. (Ed.). (2008). Politika finansirovaniia zdravoohraneniia: rukovodstvo dlia lits, prinimaiushchyh resheniia [Health financing policyназва англійською мовою]. WHO Regional Office for Europe. Kopenhagen. www.euro.who. int. Retrieved from http://www.euro.who.int/_data/assets/pdf_file/0006/78873/E91422R.pd (viewed 18.06.2019) [in Russian].
10. Buzdugan, Ya. (2008). Poniattia, pryncypy, formy finansovoho zabezpechennia ohorony zdorovia v Ukraini [The concept, principles and forms of financial provision of health care in Ukraine]. Viche – Viche, 10, 26–28 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.