LEGAL AND MANAGEMENT MECHANISMS IN THE FIELD OF ENERGY SECURITY OF UKRAINE
The problem of determination of legal tools of energy security is investigated in this paper. The need to review legislation on energy security was stipulated due to the emergence of new challenges and threats to energy security and the need for appropriate responses by legislative consolidation of the necessary tools.
The research focuses on the definition of the principles of regulation and implementation of special tools in energy security domaine into national legislation. Particularly, the paper indicates the content of some special tools on energy security used in the United States and the EU, and their respective legislative acts. The evaluation adequacy of legislation of Ukraine on energy security issues to modern requirements has been carried out.
Based on the application of a systematic approach to the study of energy security, the regulation subject, the content of activities and tasks of the subject of ensuring energy security of Ukraine have been proposed in accordance with the stages of strategic planning. A number of mechanisms and tools for ensuring energy security are proposed as well.
Proposals for the formation of the management system in the field of energy security have been developed and the content of the necessary actions according to the stages of strategic planning is outlined. There have been proposed a complex set of tools of legal regulation of energy security that allows implementing systematic approach of energy security policy and implement national security priorities into activities of all involved actors. Proposals for the elaboration of the relevant legislative act have been developed as well.
2. Council Directive 2009/119/EC of 14 September 2009 imposing an obligation on Member States to maintain minimum stocks of crude oil and/or petroleum products. (2009). eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved from http://eur-lex. europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32009L0119&from=en (viewed 24.06.2019) [in English].
3. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, USA. (2007). www.congress.gov. Retrieved from https://www. congress.gov/110/plaws/publ140/PLAW-110publ140.pdf (viewed 12.06.2019) [in English].
4. REGULATION (EU) 1938/2017 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2017 concerning measures to safeguard the security of gas supply and repealing Regulation (EU) 994/2010. (2017). eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2017/1938/oj (viewed 12.06.2019) [in English].
5. Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as Amended, USA. (n. d.). legcounsel.house.gov. Retrieved from https://legcounsel. house.gov/Comps/Atomic%20Energy%20Act%20Of%201954.pdf (viewed 20.06.2019) [in English].
6. Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Material and Nuclear Facilities. (n. d.). eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved from https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:22008A0208(01) (viewed 20.06.2019) [in English].
7. Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act, 2017, USA. (2017). www.congress.gov. Retrieved from https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3364/text (viewed 24.06.2019) [in English].
8. Council Decision 2014/512/CFSP of 31 July 2014 concerning restrictive measures in view of Russia’s actions destabilising the situation in Ukraine. (2014). eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved from https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/ dec/2014/512/oj (viewed 24.06.2019) [in English].
9. Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act, 2015, USA. (2015). www.congress.gov. Retrieved from https:// www.congress.gov/114/plaws/publ94/PLAW-114publ94.pdf (viewed 24.06.2019) [in English].
10. Federal Power Act, 1920, USA. (n. d.). legcounsel.house.gov. Retrieved from https://legcounsel.house.gov/Comps/ Federal%20Power%20Act.pdf (viewed 24.05.2019) [in English].
11. The Kansas Energy Security Act, 2002. (2004). www.kansas.gov. Retrieved from http://www.kansas.gov/government/ legislative/bills/2004/2374.pdf (viewed 24.05.2019) [in English].
12. Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadky vzhyttia tymchasovykh zahodiv z podolannia naclidkiv tryvaloho porushennia normalnoii roboty rynku elektroenerhii: Postanova Cabinety Ministriv Ukrainy vid 13.08.2014 № 372 [On Approval of the Procedure for the Use of Temporary Emergency Measures to Overcome the Consequences of the Continued Violation of the Normal Operation of the Electricity Market: Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated August 13, 2014 No. 372]. (2014). zakon2.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/372-2014-%D0%BF (viewed 24.05.2019) [in Ukrainian].
13. Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadky Natsionalnoho plany diy: Nakaz Minenerhovuhillia vid 02.11.2015 № 687 [About the hardening of the National Plan for the Day: Mandate of the Ministry of Energy Law of November 2, 2015, No. 687]. (2015). zakon5.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/en/z1458-15/paran16#n16 (viewed 24.05.2019) [in Ukrainian].
14. Sukhodolia, О. (2016). Zakhyst crytychnoi infrastructury v umovakh hybrydnoi viiny: problemy ta priorytety derzhavnoi polityky [Protection of Critical Infrastructure in Hybrid Warfare: Problems and Prioroties of State Policy of Ukraine]. Stratehichni priorytety – Strategic Priorities, 3, 62–76 [in Ukrainian].
15. Sukhodolia, О. (2018). Stiikist phunktsionuvania enerhetychoi systemy chy stiikist enerhozabezpechennia spozhyvachiv: postanovka problem [Resilience of energy system or consumers’ energy supply: a problem statement]. Stratehichni priorytety – Strategic Priorities, 2, 101–117 [in Ukrainian].
16. Sukhodolia, О. (Ed.). (2015). Enerhetychna Stratehia yak instrument polityky enerhetychnoi bezpeku [Energy Strategy as a Tool of Energy Security Policy]. Kyiv: NISS (115 p.) [іn Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.