MODERN APPROACH TO EVALUATION OF DECISION-MAKING SOLUTIONS AT THE EXAMPLE OF THE VERKHOVNA RADA OF UKRAINE OF VIII CONVOCATION
The problem of evaluation in collective decision making is considered, general mathematical approaches and concepts of its solution are analyzed. The necessity of automation of calculations with the use of publicly available results of parliamentary voting is pointed out. An appropriate methodology for monitoring the activities of the parliament and automated collection of source data is proposed. The expediency of Big Data approaches using for tasks of studying the activity of the institutions of making collective decisions, in particular, legislatures, is grounded. A software package is developed that allows to completely automate the collection of data and the computation of power indexes and effectiveness indexes during the observation period. Using the software, an analysis of the estimates of the potential and actual impact of factions on the example of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the VIII convocation, using the classical and modified Shapley – Shubik index, the split threshold, the matrix of preferences and the index of effectiveness, have been performed. Correlation analysis of factional interactions have been executed. Conclusions are made about the effectiveness of the factions’ realisation of their potentialities, the political preferences of factions and their political relations, and the level of factional discipline. In particular, the reason for the impossibility of realizing the potential possibilities by number of factions is the low split threshold, which makes impossible the consolidated decision-making and affects the reduction of the effectiveness of parliamentary influence. Some factions realize their influence over a significant period of time constantly, some show significant fluctuations in the efficiency of their work. A perspective issue is the study of the relations between the effective work of the factions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and external factors that may indirectly influence the work of Parliament. The results of the study can be used by independent researchers in the field of collective decision-making analysis, political scientists and civil society.
2. Guzenkova, Т. S. ( 2001). Partii i lidery v VRU (1998–2000) [Parties and leaders in the Verkhovna Rada (1998–2000)].
Мoscow: RISI. (231 p.) [in Russian].
3. Baziv, V. A. (1999). Parlament Ukrainskoi derzhavy: problemy partiynou structuryzatsii [Parliament of the Ukrainian state: problems of party structuring]. Lviv: Svit. (188 p.) [in Ukrainian].
4. Sokolova, А. V. (2009). Modifitsirovannye indeksy vliianiia, uchityvaiushchie predpochteniia uchastnikov po koalitsionirovaniiu [Modified power indexes, taking into account the preferences of participants on coalition]. Modelirovaniye v socialno-politicheskoy sfere – Моdeling in Socio-economic Sphere, 3, 41–46 [in Russian].
5. Erl, Т., Khattak, W., & Buhler, P. (2018). Osnovy Big Data: kontseptsii, algoritmy i tekhnologii [Big data fundamentals: concepts, drivers & techniques]. Dnipro: Balans Business Books. (320 p.) [in Russian].
6. Avksentiev, А. О. (2013). Kilkisnyi vymir syly subiektiv u predstavnytskykh orhanakh: koalitsii ta indeksy vplyvu [Quantitative measure of the force of the subjects in the representative authorities: the coalitions and the «indexes of influence»]. Visnyk KhNU im. V. N. Karazina. Ser. “Pytannia politolohii” V. N. Karazin KhNU Bulletin. – “Political Science Issues” series, 1060, 95–102 [in Ukrainian].
7. Pogorelskiy, K. B. (2011). Metody otsenky vliianiia uchastnikov v zadache priniatiia kollektivnykh reshenii: obzor osnovnykh napravlenii [Methods of assessing the influence of participants in the problem of making collective decisions: an overview of the main directions]. Сontrol Sciences, 5, 2–13 [in Russian].
8. Baza danykh «Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy» / VR Ukrainy [Database “Legislation of Ukraine” / Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine]. (n. d.). w1.c1.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from: http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc2 (viewed 28.03.2019) [in Ukrainian].
9. Shvarts, D. А. (2010). Aksiomatika dlia indeksov vliianiia, uchityvaushchikh predpochteniia uchastnikov [Axiomatics for influence indices that take into account the preferences of participants]. Automatics and Telemechanics, 1, 144– 158 [in Russian].
10. Fish, M. S., & Kroenig, M. (2009). The Handbook of National Legislatures: A Global Survey. New York: Cambridge University Press. (808 p.) [in English].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.