SENSATIVENESS OF THE LINGUISTIC ISSUE IN EDUCATION, MULTI-LINGUAL EDUCATION FOR TRANSCARPATHIA
The article deals with the main challenges in the educational sphere in Transcarpathia after the adoption of the Law of Ukraine "On Education". Representatives of national minorities, in particular the Hungarian national minority, negatively accepted the wording of Article 7 of the Law of Ukraine, which deals with the language of education. Representatives of national minorities are guaranteed the right to study in communal educational institutions for obtaining pre-school and primary education, along with the state language, the language of the respective national minority. Teaching first, mother tongue takes place at junior high school, from the fifth grade there is a transition to studying in Ukrainian, but the first language, of course, remains as a subject in the educational process.
The language of education has been and remains more than sensitive to Ukrainian Hungarians, and any changes are treated as a perilous threat and the destruction of the education system that has been formed in the region. There is more than a satisfactory level of knowledge of the state, Ukrainian language among graduates of schools with Hungarian language teaching, which negatively reflects on mutual integration. Among the representatives of the Hungarian national minority during 2014– 2016, there was no support and initiative in introducing the possible methods of multi-lingual education in Hungarian schools, which would increase the level of integration, would improve the ownership of children from among the representatives of the Hungarian national minority in the Ukrainian language. Multilingual education involves studying subjects, raising the language, providing higher competitiveness in the labor market in the future. It involves the use of adapted educational methods that would allow to balance education in the Ukrainian and Hungarian languages, to adjust the teaching of subjects in the Ukrainian language as well. Ukrainian authorities opposed the introduction of teaching methods in schools with Hungarian language teaching Ukrainian as a foreign language.
There are consultations with Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian authorities, and a number of problem points can be solved in the memorandums and in the Law of Ukraine "On secondary education".
2. Tishchenko, Yu. & Kurkchi, Yu. (2016). Multilingvalnoie obrazovaniie v multikulturnykh regionakh: potrebnosti, ozhidaniia [Multilingual education in multicultural regions: needs, expectations]. deponms.carpathia.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://deponms.carpathia.gov.ua/uploads/files/2015/2017/znz.pdf [in Russian].
3. Pro kilkist ta sklad naselennia Zakarpatskoi oblasti za pidsumkamy Vseukrainskoho perepysu naselennia 2001 roku [On the number and composition of the population of the Transcarpathian region according to the results of the All-Ukrainian Population Census 2001]. Derzhavnyy komitet statystyky – State Statistics Committee. (n.d.). 2001. ukrcensus.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://2001.ukrcensus.gov.ua/results/general/nationality/zakarpatia/ [in Ukrainian].
4. Informatsiia pro zahalnoosvitni navchalni zaklady Zakarpatskoi oblasti, vidneseni do vidpovidnykh stupeniv ryzyku zhidno z vstanovlenymy zakonodavstvom kryteriiamy stanom na 1 zhovtnia 2017 roku [Information about general educational institutions of Zakarpattia oblast, assigned to the appropriate levels of risk according to statutory criteria as of October 1, 2017]. Departament osvity і nauky Zakarpatskoi oblasnoyi derzhavnoi administratsii – Department of Education and Science of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration. (n.d.). deponms.carpathia. gov.ua Retrieved from http://deponms.carpathia.gov.ua/uploads/files/2015/2017/znz.pdf [in Ukrainian].
5. Ukraina ta Uhorshchyna domovylysia, shcho spilno napratsyuyut dokumenty stosovno implementatsii statti 7 Zakonu «Pro osvitu» [Ukraine and Hungary agreed that they will work together on the implementation of Article 7 of the Law «On Education»]. (2017, October 20). Departament osvity i nauky Zakarpatskoi oblasnoi derzhavnoi administratsii – Department of Education and Science of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration. (n. d.). deponms. carpathia.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://deponms.carpathia.gov.ua/main/1482-7.html [in Ukrainian].
6. Pidbyto pidsumky reyestratsii na ZNO 2017 roku [Summarized the results of the registration on the external testing of 2017]. Ukrayinskyy tsentr otsinyuvannia yakosti osvity – Ukrainian Center for Educational Quality Assessment. (n. d.). testportal.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://testportal.gov.ua/2017/04/27/pidbito-pidsumki-reyestraciyi-na- zno-2017-roku/#more-4617 [in Ukrainian].
7. Movy natsmenshyn: u MZS kazhut, zakony Ukrainy naibilsh liberalni u Yevropi [Languages of national minorities: The Foreign Ministry says the laws of Ukraine are the most liberal in Europe]. (n.d.). www.ukrinform.ua. Retrieved from https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-society/2306164-movi-nacmensin-u-mzs-kazut-zakoni-ukraini-najbils- liberalni-u-evropi.html [in Ukrainian].
Rehionalni dani ZNO 2017, Berehivskyy raion, Zakarpatska oblast – rezultaty za shkaloiu 100–200 baliv [Regional data of OIE2017, Berehove district, Transcarpathian region – results on a scale of 100–200 points]. Ukrayinskyy tsentr otsinyuvannia yakosti osvity – Ukrainian Center for Educational Quality Assessment. (n.d.). zno.testportal.com. ua. Retrieved from https://zno.testportal.com.ua/stat/2017 [in Ukrainian].
8. Aliiev, R. & Kazhe, N. (2005). Bilingvalnoie obrazovaniie. Teoriia i praktika [Bilingual education. Theory and practice]. Riga: Retorika-A [in Russian].