HUNGARIAN EXOGENOUS INFLUENCE ON THE SEPARATISM MOVEMENT IN TRANSCARPATHIAN REGION
In the article, on the basis of a preliminary analysis of the problem of the exogenous influence of the countries on the strengthening of separatist processes in Ukraine, expresses the view that ethno/separatist conflicts have not only internal causes for escalation, but also the external influence exerted by the main actors of international relations, solving their geopolitical tasks. The author classifies the exogenous factors of influence, which are most often used by the main and influential actors of international relations to strengthen their positions in the region or in any state. The author analyzes such components of the Hungarian exogenous influence on Ukraine as cultural, educational, political and diplomatic. Hungary consistently and persistently tries to protect the rights and interests of Hungarian national minority in Ukraine, but every year it does so contrary to the interests and territorial integrity of Ukraine. Relations between the two countries have worsened due to statements by political and public figures in Hungary after the adoption of the Law on Education by Ukraine in September 2017. Since that time the relations between two countries are aggravating. It could be proved by the steps made by Hungary on the international arena, i. e. blocking Ukraine-NATO summit in 2017. Besides, Hungarian officials have recently announced that they would block all Ukrainian initiatives in terms of European and Euro-Atlantic integration process. Due to it the political situation in Transcarpathian region is worsening that could lead to ethnic clashes. The author comes to the conclusion that the cultural component of exogenous influence increases the factor of identity and can serve as an element of soft power and catalyze the ethnic/separatist conflict in the country.
2. Zakliatyi sosed: zachem Vengriia atakuet Ukrainu [Sworn neighbor: why Hunagry attacks Ukraine]. (2017). obozrevatel.com. Retrieved from https://www.obozrevatel.com/politics/zaklyatyij-sosed-zachem- vengriya-atakuet-ukrainu.html [in Russian].
3. Hetmanchuk, M., Hryshchuk, V. & Shypka, N. (2008). Uhorska natsionalna menshyna v Ukraini: pravovi zasady politychnoi subiektnosti [Hungarian national minority in Ukraine: legal means of political subjectivity]. Lviv: LvDUVS [in Ukrainian].
4. Homon, D. (2017). Uhorshchyna znovu pochala rozganiaty temu avtonomii Zakarpattia. Istoriia «miakoi okupatsii» [Hungary started to speculate on the topic of Transcarpathia autonomy]. zakarpattya.net.ua. Retrieved from http://zakarpattya.net.ua/News/175150-Uhorshchyna-znovu-pochala-rozhaniaty-temu-avtonomii-Zakarpattia.-Is- toriia-miakoi-okupatsii.html [in Ukrainian].
5. Ievchak, Yu.B. (2007). Realizatsiia v Zakarpatskii oblasti polozhen Protokoliv Mizhuriadovykh komisii (Ukraina – Uhorshchyna, Ukraina – Slovachchyna) z pytan zabezpechennia prav natsionalnykh menshyn [Fulfillment in Transcarpathia of regulations of Protocols of international commission (Ukraine – Hungary, Ukraine – Slovakia) on the issues of national minorities rights protection]. Spetsvypusk – Special issue, 1, 82 [in Ukrainian].
6. Shemshuchenko, Yu.S, at al. (Eds). (1997). Politolohichnyi entsyklopedychnyi slovnyk [Politological encyclopedic dictionary]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
7. Premier Venhrii privez dengi vengerskomu institutu v Ukraine i poobeshchal podderzhku analogychnym vuzam [Hungary Prime-minister brought money to Hungarian institute in Ukraine and promised support to analogous higher educational institutions]. (2013). finugor.ru. Retrieved from http://finugor.ru/node/40896 [in Russian].
8. Ryabinin, Yе.V. (2015). Ekzohenni chynnyky etnoseparatystskykh protsesiv: teoretychnyi aspekt [Exogenious factors of ethnoseparatist processes: theoretical aspect]. Visnyk Mariupolskoho derzhavnoho universytetu – Mariupol State University bulletin, 12, 263–270 [in Ukrainian].
9. Semenov, A. (2013). Vengerskiy separatizm v Zakarpatie – ugroza natsionalnoi bezopasnosti Ukrainy [Hungarian separatism in Transcarpathia is a threat to national security of Ukraine]. dc-summit.info. Retrieved from http://dc- summit.info/temy/bezopasnost/2190-vengerskij-separatizm-v-zakarpate.html [in Russian].
10. Vengriia vydaet pasporta ukraintsam iz-za probelov v zakonax Ukraіny [Hungary issues passports to the Ukraininas due to Ukraine’s legislature gaps]. (2012). censor.net.ua. Retrieved from http://censor.net.ua/news/201015/ vengriya_vydaet_pasporta_ukraintsam_izza_probelov_v_zakonah_ukrainy_posol [in Russian].