INTENSIFYING OF HUNGARY’S ACTIVITIES IN THE REGION AND UKRAINE
It has been argued that the domination of the center-right forces in the political life of Hungary after the transformation period is most in line with its national and national interests, that in the democratic Euro-Atlantic system, their active advocacy by Hungary is carried out even contrary to the requirements and decisions of the EU, including the Russian Federation.
It is noted that the intensification of Hungary in the international arena primarily concerns the desire to create autonomy for the Hungarians in the neighboring states, which generates considerable tension throughout the region. The protection of the rights of the Hungarian national minority in Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, and Ukraine is ensured within the international legal framework. In particular, the national minority in those regions where its representatives make up the majority of the population are entitled to the formation of local or autonomous governing bodies with a separate status, the provisions of which must be in accordance with the legislation of the country of residence.
It is noted that the aggravation of relations between Hungary and Ukraine was due to the adoption in Ukraine of the Law on Education of September 5, 2017, in particular the 7th, which concerns the education of national minorities, in particular Hungarian.
The agreement of the Venice Commission of 08.12.2017 with the provisions of the educational law of Ukraine is underlined, although Hungary evaluates them from their own positions and demands the cancellation of the actions of this article.
Attention is drawn to another perturbation in Hungary, due to the decision of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine dated 02.22.2018 on the unconstitutionality of the Law of Ukraine on the Principles of the State Language Policy of August 10, 2012 and its abolition. The Hungarian side believes that the rights of national minorities, including cultural and educational, are better ensured by the law of 2012 than adopted later or by those who are in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
It is emphasized that the responsibility of sovereign Ukraine is to form and adopt educational acts aimed at preserving Hungarians of Transcarpathia on their native land, ensuring their assimilation, guaranteeing them cultural and educational development. At the same time, attention is drawn to the statement made by the OSCE High Commissioner for National Minorities that in the current period of the escalation of the crisis in Ukraine caused by the armed conflict, the conditions for the further extension of the rights of national minorities are unfavorable.
2. 94 tysiachy ukraintsev staly venhramy [94 thousand Ukrainians have become Hungarians]. (2015, 2 March). Vesty – News, 36 (436) [in Russian].
3. Semjén, Zs. Kárpátalján gyakarlatilag a magyar állam tartja fenn az intézményrendszert [Carpathian is practically the Hungarian allam that maintains the integration system]. (n.d.). karpathir.com. Retrieved from http://karpathir. com/2017/11/15/semjen-zsolt-karpataljan-gyakorlatilag-a-magyar-allam-tartja-fenn-az-intezmenyrendszert/ [in Hungarian].
4. Joggal EurÓpában. A Kárpát-medencei magyar autÓnomiatÖrekvések 25 eve [The Hungarian Autonomy of the Carpathian Basin strives for 25 years]. (Mile Balazs. L., Harmattan, Kiado. Eds.). (2016). Budapest [in Hungarian].
5. Ukrán oktatási törvény – Szijjártó: Ukrajna hátba szúrta Magyarországot [Ukrainian Educational Law – Siyarto: Ukraine has pushed Hungary back]. (n.d.). karpatalja.ma. Retrieved from http://www.karpatalja.ma/karpatalja/ nezopont/ukrajna-hatba-szurta-magyarorszagot-oktatasi-torvenyenek-modositasaval/ [in Hungarian]
6. Uriad Uhorshchyny vyrazyv protest proty novoho ukrainskoho zakonu «Pro osvitu» [Hungarian Government expressed their protest against new Ukrainian law of education]. (n.d.). karpatalja.ma. Retrieved from http://www. karpatalja.ma/novini/uryad-ugorshhini-viraziv-protest-proti-novogo-ukrainskogo-zakonu-pro-osvіtu/ [in Ukrainian].
7. Ukrán oktatási tÖrvény: a magyar külügy szerint nő a nyomás Kijeven [Educational law of Ukraine: According to the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, pressure on Kyiv is increasing]. (n.d). mno.hu. Retrieved from https://mno. hu/hatarontul/ukran-oktatasi-torveny-a-magyar-kulugy-szerint-no-a-nyomas-kijev-fele-2432818 [in Hungarian].
8. A kisebbségek védelméről szÓlÓ Europai Parlament-határozatоt nem az első, am meghatározÓ lépés a kisebbségvédelem teren [The EP resolution on the protection of minorities is not the first, but decisive step in, the protection of minorities]. (n.d.). felvidek.ma. Retrieved from http://felvidek.ma/2018/02/a-kisebbsegek-vedelmerol-szolo-ep- hatarozat-nem-az-elso-am-meghatarozo-lepes-a-kisebbsegvedelem-teren/ [in Hungarian].
9. Uhorshchyna vysunula umovy dlia pochatku dialohu z Ukrainoiu shchodo movy osvity [Hungary has put forward the conditions for a start of dialogue with Ukraine on the language of education]. (n.d.). eurointegration.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.eurointegration.com.ua/news/2018/02/13/7077478 [in Ukrainian].
10. Szijjártó: Ukrájnaban brutális támadást indítottak a nemzeti kissebségek ellen [Siyarto: Ukrainian brutal tamadas have been launched against the national minorities]. (n.d.). karpatalja.ma. Retrieved from http://www.karpatalja. ma/karpatalja/nezopont/szijjarto-ukrajnaban-brutalis-tamadast-inditottak-a-nemzeti-kisebbsegek-ellen/ [in Hungarian].