RISKS OF INFLUENCE OF THE FREE TRADE ZONE WITH THE EU ON THE UKRAINIAN-POLISH COOPERATION IN AGRARIAN SPHERE: INTERSTATE AND CROSS-BORDER ASPECTS
The actuality of the researching of some risks that were caused by creating of the free trade zone between Ukraine and the EU for the development of Ukrainian-Polish trade in agricultural products is proved. The need to strengthen the food security of both countries in the process of implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU is argued. Considering the high level of agrarian potential of Ukraine and Poland, the aim of the article is search of the ways of improving food and economic security of Ukraine and Poland on the basis of strengthening their mutual cooperation in the agrarian sphere. The presence of significant reserves of increase of the volume of bilateral export-import operations between the countries in the interstate and cross-border agricultural markets is revealed. The potential impacts of forming a free trade zone between Ukraine and the EU on food security of both states are outlined. It was proposed to activate the cooperation in the investment sphere with the aim at establishing an effective transfer of agricultural technologies from Poland to Ukraine. The importance of development of institutional infrastructure to enhance the efficient use of natural resource potential of rural cross-border territories of Ukraine and Poland is emphasized.
2. Vilchynska, O. (2016). Dokhody i vytraty silskoho naselennia ukrainskoho prykordonnia [Revenues and expenses of the rural population in Ukraine`s border areas]. Proceedings of MIIM’16 : Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferenciia «Sotsialno-ekonomichnyi potentsial transkordonnoho spivrobitnytstva» – International Scientific Conference «Socio-economic potential of cross-border cooperation» (pp. 101–103]. Lviv : Lviv National University named after Ivan Franko [in Ukrainian].
3. Vlasiuk, T. O. (2015). Stan i tendentsii zovnishnotorhovelnoi diialnosti Ukrainy : vyklyky dlia ekonomichnoi bezpeky ta sposoby yikh podolannia [State and trends of foreign trade of Ukraine : challenges to economic security and ways to overcome them]. Stratehichni priorytety – Strategic priorities, 4 (57), 48–58 [in Ukrainian].
4. Hurak, I. Polskyi yevrointehratsiinyi dosvid dlia Ukrainy : silskohospodarska sfera [Polish experience of European integration for Ukraine : agricultural sector]. Retrieved from file :///F :/MyFiles/ Downloads/VLNU_Mv_2012_31_19.pdf/ [in Ukrainian].
5. Lohinov, Ia. Lehalna prykordonna torhivlia narazi ne zaminyt kontrabandu [Legal cross border trade currently cannot substitute for smuggling]. Retrieved from http://porteuropa.eu/ua/wizy-kordon/ kontrabanda-korupcija/2278-lehalna-torhivla-ne-zaminyt-kontrabandu/ [in Ukrainian].
6. Kravtsiv, V. S. (Eds.) (2015). Rozvytok transkordonnoho spivrobitnytstva [Development of crossborder cooperation, scientific and analytical report]. Lviv : The National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine ; State institution «Institute for Regional Studies named after M I. Dolishnyi of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine» [in Ukrainian].
7. Spivrobitnytstvo mizh Ukrainoiu ta krainamy YeS u 2014 rotsi : Statystychnyi zbirnyk (2015) [Cooperation between Ukraine and the EU in 2014 : Statistical Yearbook]. K. : State Statistics Service of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
8. Tykhonovych, V. V. (2015). Analiz derzhavnykh mekhanizmiv stymuliuvannia spivrobitnytstva z krainamy Yevropy [Analysis of government mechanisms to encourage cooperation with Europe]. Retrieved from : file :///F :/MyFiles/Downloads/Nvamu_upravl_2012_3_36 %20 (1).pdf [in Ukrainian].
9. Ukraina u tsyfrakh u 2014 rotsi : Statystychnyi zbirnyk (2015) [Ukraine in Figures and Facts 2014 : Statistical Yearbook]. K. : State Statistics Service of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
10. Rochnik statystychny rolnitstwa, 2014 (2015). Warszawa : Głuwny Urzond Statystychny [in Polish].
11. Tereshchuk, M. & Ambrozyak, L. Dobry khandel z Ukrainou. Retrieved from http://studioopinii. pl/miroslawa-tereszczuk-lukasz-ambroziak [in Polish].