UNEVENNESS OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATIONS IN TERMS OF INFORMATION EVOLUTION: CHALLENGES AND THREATS
This paper provides a definition of the term of an information revolution. Author researches the processes of the socio-economic relations that are associated with information innovations and shows that these processes can be called as information revolution. Author emphasizes that the heterogeneity of social groups will be based not only on the uneven distribution of wealth and resources, but also on the distribution and use of knowledge.
Much attention is given to the results of the analysis of the transformational processes in the conditions of information evolution, which allows to determine the presence of informational and civilizational conflict that has signs of latent aggression of retrograde countries, whose purpose is the global slowdown of the innovation development. Such offensive attitude of the retrograde countries towards informationally-developed countries will be building up primarily due to the desire to halt the information evolution. Establishing of a feeling of chaos in the informationally-developed countries, as well as local instabilities on a national or religious basis or even manifestation of elements of local wars will lead to the need to direct the resources of the informationally-developed countries to protect state interests. Such a redistribution of resources will impede the further development of promising sectors that could increase the information and technology gap with retrograde countries.
Author proposes to improve supranational institutional support for countering the threats to informational and civilizational confrontation, particularly by creating an organization for socioeconomic stability. Such a supranational coordinating organization must ensure compliance with the basic economic freedoms and the boost the development of mechanisms for military, environmental, economic and information protection.
It is specifically noted that there is a necessity of improving state administration together with the centralization of the most important functions of the state, as well as transferring of certain authorities to public and business associations capable of self-governance, as well as detection and prevention of the violations of established norms.
2. World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision. Key Findings and Advance Tables. (2017). United Nations, New York. esa.un.org. Retrieved from https://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/Publications/Files/WPP2017_KeyFindings.pdf [in English].
3. The World Factbook 2016–17. (2016). Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). www.cia.gov. Retrieved from https:// www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html [in English].
4. Khoruzhyi, Sergii. (2017). Ekonomichni ta sotsialni perspektyvy maibutnoho informatsiino-tekhnolohichnoho rozvytku suspilstva [Economic and social prospects for the future development of information technology society]. Stratehichni priorytety – Strategic Priorities, 3 (44), 97–104 [in Ukrainian].
5. Kapitsa, S.P. (2007). Global Population Blow up and After. The demographic revolution and information society. A Report to the Club of Rome “Global Marshall Plan Initiative”. 272 р. citeseerx.ist.psu.edu. Retrieved from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.132.3287&rep=rep1&type=pdf [in English].
6. Toffler, Alvin. (1980). The Third Wave. New York: Bantam books, Vol. 484. 544 р. archive.org. Retrieved from https://archive.org/stream/TheThirdWave-Toffler/The-Third-Wave_-_Toffler#page/n547/mode/2up [in English].
7. Fukuyama, F. (1992). The End of History and the Last Man. New York: Free Press. 446 р. [in English].
8. Waltz, K. (1993). The Emerging Structure of International Politics. International Security, Vol. 18, No. 2, 44–79 [in English].
9. Kennedy, P. (1993). Preparing for the Twenty-First Century. New York: Random House. 428 р. [in English].
10. Bilorus, O.H. (2003). Ekonomichna systema hlobalizmu [The Economic System of Globalism]. Kyiv: KNEU. 376 s. [in Ukrainian].
11. Wallerstein, I. (1995). Peace, Stability, and Legitimacy: 1990–2025/2050. The Fall of Great Powers. New York: Oxford University Press. 414 р. [in English].
12. Huntington, Samuel P. (1996). The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order. New York: Simon & Schuster. 368 р. [in English].
13. Migration and Remittances Factbook 2016. (2016). The World Bank. 69 р. siteresources.worldbank.org. Retrieved from https://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROSPECTS/Resources/334934-1199807908806/45490251450455807487/Factbookpart1.pdf [in English].
14. Gates, Scott. (2016). Trends in Armed Conflict, 1946–2014, Conflict Trends. Oslo: PRIO. 4 р. www.prio.org.
Retrieved from https://www.prio.org/utility/DownloadFile.ashx?id=8&type=publicationfile [in English].
15. Evans, J. (2017). Market capitalism should benefit the many, not just the few. Can 2017 be the year we finally make it happen? The World Economic Forum. www.weforum.org. Retrieved from https://www.weforum.org/ agenda/2017/01/will-2017-be-the-year-we-finally-reform-financial-markets [in English].
16. Piketty, Thomas. (2015). About Capital in the Twenty-First Century. American Economic Review, Vol. 105, No. 5, 48–53. dx.doi.org. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1257/aer.p20151060 [in English].
17. Osborne, Michael A., & Frey, Carl Benedikt. (2013). The Future of Employment: How Susceptible Are Jobs to Computerisation? Oxford University, September 17. 72 р. www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved from https:// www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf [in English].
18. Laslo, Е. (1995). Vek bifurkatsii: postizhenie izmeniaiushchegosia mira [The Age of Bifurcation. Understanding the Changing World]. Put – Way, 1, 3–129. evolkov.net. Retrieved from http://evolkov.net/soc.engineering/Age. of.Bifurcation/ [in Russian].
19. Piattoni, Simona. (2009). “Multi-level Governance: a Historical and Conceptual Analysis”. Journal of European Integration, Vol. 31, No. 2, 163–180. www.tandfonline.com. Retrieved from http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1 0.1080/07036330802642755 [in English].
20. NATO and the European Union deepen cooperation on cyber defence. (2017). NATO. www.nato.int. Retrieved from https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_149848.htm [in English].
21. Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Information in Tax Matters: Implementation Handbook. (2018). OECD. 174 р. www.oecd.org. Retrieved from https://www.oecd.org/tax/exchange-of-tax-information/implementation- handbook-standard-for-automatic-exchange-of-financial-information-in-tax-matters.pdf [in English].
22. Kelleher, Kevin. (2017). How Cheap Internet Access Could Be SpaceX’s Secret Weapon. Тime. time.com. Retrieved from http://time.com/4638470/spacex-internet-elon-musk/ [in English].