HYBRID WAR AS DISCURSIVE CONSTRUCT
The article explores the idea of two asymmetric modes of existence of war – both physical (material) and discursive. In the military (material) dimension the Russian-Ukrainian conflict is localized, but the discourse of this hybrid war has reached a global level. The interpretative component of a hybrid war is implemented with verbal semiotic means. During a hybrid war the conflict of narratives is weaponized along with other non-military components of the hybrid warfare. The author reveals the relation between the perception of war and performatives (to declare war, to sign a peace agreement) so as its connection with principles of war labelling. Special focus is on the concept of victory structure.
2. Final Report on the Meaning of Armed Conflict in International Law. The Hague Conference (2010). Use of Force. Retrieved from http://www.ila-hq.org/download.cfm/docid/2176DC63-D268–4133–8989A664754F9F87
3. Yavorska, Galуna (2016). Kontsept «viina»: semantyka i prahmatyka [“War” concept: semantics and pragmatics]. Stratehichni priorytety. Filosofiia. – Strategic Prioriries. Philosophy, 1, рр. 14–23 [in Ukrainian].
4. Miskimmon, A., O’Loughlin, B., Roselle, L. (2013). Strategic Narratives: Communication Power and the New World Order. New York: Routledge.
5. Yavorska, Galina (2016). Mova yak skladnyk konfliktu [Speech as a component of conflict]. Media Studies. Mezhdystsyplynarnye issledovanyiya mediya. Materialy konferentsyi – Interdisciplinary Researches of Media. Conference Proceedings. Kharkiv. Рр. 103–108 [in Ukrainian].
7. Ministry of Defence (2011). Strategic Communication: The Defence Contribution, Joint Doctrine Note 1/11: 2–10. Retrieved from http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/7DAE5158–63AD-444D-9A3F83F7D8F44F9A/0/20110310JDN111_STRAT_COMM.pdf
8. Uppsala Conflict Data Program. Retrieved from http://ucdp.uu.se/#country/369.
9. Lasica, Daniel T. Strategic Implications of Hybrid War: A Theory of Victory. (2012). [s.l.]. 66 p