THE GLOBAL WAR OF STRATEGIC NARRATIVES: THE CHALLENGES AND RISKS FOR UKRAINE
Clash of narrative discourses is a necessary, though sometimes well disguised attribute of the modern «culture wars». The fact that within a narrative is the «truth» may be «lies» within another narrative. Hence the conviction that the concept of «truth» is outdated emerges among some researchers of postmodern brand.
The article presents the opposing point of view of indestructibility of strategic narratives as primordial backgrounds of subjective truth.
2. Neate, Mark C. (2010). The Battle of the Narrative. School of Advanced Military Studies United States Army Command and General Staff College Fort Leavenworth. Kansas. Retriеved from http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/ sam/battle_of_narrative_neate.pdf [in English].
3. United States Department of the Army, Field Manual: Counterinsurgency, 3–24 (December 15 2006). Washington: DC. Retriеved from http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/coin/repository/ FM_3-24.pdf [in English].
4. Shevchenko, Taras. Gaydamaki. Retriеved from http://poetry.uazone.net/kobzar/gaidamaky.html [in Ukrainian].
5. Olcott, Anthony. And Ye Shall Know Your Story./ ISD Working Papers in New Diplomacy. Institute for the Study of Diplomacy Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service Georgetown University. Washington, DC. June 2011 [in English].
6. Liotar, Zhan-Fransua. (1995). Sytuatsiya postmodernu [The Postmodern Condition]. Filosofs’ka i sotsiolohichna dumka – Philosophical and sociological though , 5–6, 15–38 [in Ukrainian].
7. Gatehouse, Gabriel. (25 October 2016). The Russians who fear a war with the West. BBC Newsnight. Retriеved from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37766688 [in English].
8. Propp, V.Yа. (1998). Morfologiya volshebnoy skazki. Istoricheskiye korni volshebnoy skazki [Morphology of the Folktale. Historical Roots of the wonder tale]. In Sobraniye trudov V. Yа. Proppa – Assembly of labor of V.Ya. Propp. M.: Labirint [in Russian].
9. Labov, William. (1972). The Transformation of experience in narrative syntax. Language in the Inner City: Studies in the Black English Vernacular/ Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press[in English].
10. Aleksandr Dugin: «V SSHA mnogiye schitayut, chto Putin – eto bibleyskiy Gog» [In the US many people think that Putin is the biblical Gog]. Izborsk klub. Retriеved from http://www.izborsk-club.ru/content/articles/9406 [in Russian].
11. Reich, Robert. (March 28, 2005). The Lost Art Of Democratic Narrative: Story Time. The Republic [in English].
12. Reich’s American Narratives. Retriеved from http://changingminds.org/disciplines/storytelling/plots/reich_narra- tive.htm [in English].
13. Wisialowski, Bart Nathan. (2010). Metanarratives of the New World Order: Analyzing Narrative Discourse and The End of History as Case Study. Dissertation submitted in partial satisfaction of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in History. University of California, Irvine [in English].
14. A National Strategic Narrative by Mr Y. (2011). Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Washington, DC. Retriеved from https://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/default/files/A%20National%20Strategic%20Narrative. pdf [in English].
15. Kennan, George F. (February 22, 1946). The Charge in the Soviet Union (Kennan) to the Secretary of State / 861.00/2 2246: Telegram. Secret. Moscow. Retriеved from http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/coldwar/documents/epi- sode-1/kennan.htm [in English].
16. Kennan, George F. (1947). The Sources of Soviet Conduct. The Foreign Affairs, 26:2, 566–582 [in English].
17. Gorbachev, M.S. (1988). Perestroyka i novoye myshleniye dlya nashey strany i dlya vsego mira [Perestroika: New Thinking for Our Country and the World]. Moscow: Politizdat [in Russian].